International TA Theory Integration & CTA Exam Preparation Groups are advanced Transactional Analysis (TA) training and professional development groups. Their aim is to offer additional support to CTA exam candidates in their preparation for their written and oral CTA exams, as well as to support members with integration of TA and other psychotherapy theories into clinical practice. The groups are also designed to help trainees develop their own professional identity, one that is congruent with their values, theoretical orientation, and clinical approach.
The main characteristics of International TA Theory Integration & CTA Exam Preparation Groups are:
- Group sessions are held in international and diverse setting and take place online (over Zoom);
- Groups normally meet every 2 months;
- Duration of sessions is 4-5 hours (depending on the number of members in a particular group);
- Groups are meant for CTA candidates in the psychotherapy field and those who wish to focus on integration of theory into their work.
The content of the sessions varies and is determined by the needs of the members. Some of the areas covered are:
- Preparation of voice recordings for the oral CTA examination;
- Drafting of front sheets and transcripts to support the presentation of client material;
- Facilitation of the written exam writing process;
- Clinical and other supervision;
- Theory integration;
- Ethical and professional practice questions;
- Other support with the CTA examination process.